Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rich Girls.

Maybe I should get this off my chest before the hype begins. Let me introduce you to the Virgins before you hear their names roll off the tongue of some MySpace fanatic, NYLON follower, or underground blogger.

I may have been a little late to hop on the train, but thanks to this year's SXSW festival that I obsessively follow to the best of my ability, I found a nice little band called the Virgins. Their single, "Rich Girls," has been gathering more and more popularity with every step it takes. With a catchy bassline that anyone can groove to, I think these NY kids are in for a trip this summer on the NYLON tour, opening for Be Your Own Pet and She Wants Revenge. I was actually going to catch this show next Thursday at the House of Blues, but sadly, I will be cramming for a Physics midterm instead.

Rolling Stone practically labels them as a cooler Maroon 5, which I wholeheartedly agree with. I heard they opened for Jet and now the NYLON tour? C'mon now, these guys deserve main act, main stage, all eyes on them.

But there's really only one question on my mind... why didn't I know about these guys sooner?

No comments: